Donna was nominated for the New Artist of the Year Award for collector plates with Bradford Exchange. Some of the books she has illustrated have been awarded a Ben. Franklin award. Her love of God, people, nature, and animals continues to inspire her painting and work.
Donna was born in Dodge City, Kansas. After 12 years, she moved to Providence Kentucky and resides there still. She is blessed with a husband (Billy Joe Woolsey), two sons (Bryan and Brad), and two grandchildren (Abby and Ethan). Having studied art with the Minneapolis Art Institute, she also enriched her studies through work with artists Fred Eliers, W.A. Ballou, Daniel Smith, and Edward Aldrich. Donna teaches art classes and holds workshops for adults and children.
Donna's work has been published in a variety of forms:
• Illustrated children's books
• Cross stitch patterns
• Porcelain products with Ardleigh Elliot
• Fine art prints with Home Interiors and Home & Garden Party
• Leanin' Tree
• Bradford Exchange
• Puzzle and throws
• Selected by the 2009 Louisville Kentucky Gallapalooza Horse Derby Event to paint /design fiber glass horse for auction
• Featured in Arts Across Kentucky Summer 2015 Magazine for her work
Donna is also an accomplished sand sculpture artist and teaches in multiple locations across the USA.